As a talented IT professional, you’re looking for an opportunity that allows you to utilize the most innovative technologies, advance your technical expertise, and be part of a highly skilled team. You also want an employer that values and invests in its people.
PC Tech Support is always on the lookout for experienced Network Support (Helpdesk) Engineers. This position gives you the opportunity to share your technical expertise with our clients, providing technical support, troubleshooting, and resolving their simple to complex technical issues.
- Provide professional and caring advanced technical support to our clients by managing your personal service request queue.
- Help to keep our clients’ end users productive by documenting, monitoring, and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the Service Desk Coordinator to manage expectations and service levels with our clients.
- Perform root-cause analysis and resolution.
- Research knowledge base repositories for technical solutions and configurations.
- Know when to escalate problems that require additional support.
- Maintain industry expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by attaining designated professional certifications.
- Contribute to PC Tech Support’s vision and direction by helping improve Service Desk practices and ensuring client documentation remains updated and organised.
- Visiting client sites to perform proactive network administration
- Managing client LAN/WAN, virtual environments, storage, backup and security technologies
- Assessing and benchmarking client WAN and LAN against standards and best practices
- Helping clients identify technical risks within their IT environment
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 Years of Hands-On Experience Supporting Network and Desktop Technology
- Industry standard PC and workstation hardware
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 OS
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 OS
- Active Directory Administration (incl. New PC Setups)
- Exchange Server 2007 and upwards
- Cloud-based services including Office 365
- VMware & Hyper-V Administration Experience
- HP, Dell and Industry Standard Server Hardware
- Backup, Recovery & Imaging Technologies
- Experience with network devices including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Good troubleshooting skills & good knowledge of general networking concepts
- Experience using ticketing systems e.g. Connectwise (Preferred)
- Experience with Labtech Remote Monitoring or other RMM tools (Preferred)
- Driving license (Preferred)
- Industry certifications a plus: MCITP, MCP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, A+, Network + etc.
- Strong technical and business acumen, including excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
- Skilled at resolving problems and conflicting situations.
- Willingness to learn, adjust and grow with our company.
- Patience and strong customer service skills. You will be working with a myriad of businesses, technologies, applications and personalities.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Strong Familiarity with Microsoft applications.
- Familiarity with ConnectWise, Labtech, and other related MSP tools and services.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work virtually from home, at client site or in an office without getting distracted, maintaining a strong level of focus, organisation, dedication and communication.
- Keen ability and eagerness to build a good rapport with colleagues and client end users and management.
Why PC Tech Support is the right company for you?
- You’ll have access to the newest technology.
- You’ll be encouraged and receive the support needed to earn professional certifications, making you more knowledgeable and valuable within the industry.
- You won’t need to leave PC Tech Support to advance your career. Our best people stay with us and grow with us.
- We offer a competitive salary with benefits.
- We promote a fun and balanced workplace environment.
- Our team consists of highly respected and skilled individuals with the experience and knowledge of growing and running a Managed IT Services company, allowing you to learn from some of the best in the industry.
If you possess the right qualifications and think this position seems like the right fit for you, reach out to us
Join our team today. Click here to apply online.